If the cords on your sash windows are broken or have been cut WindowRepair.com can replace them for you.
Mechanical Window Repairs & Weatherization
Our team is Lead Safe and Certified where we remove existing cord rope and re-engage your window weights with new copper/zinc/brass sash chain or replace with new cord rope. Replace your existing Parting Bead wood with new customized stained or natural ‘Spanish Cedar” Parting Bead wood. The Parting Bead is vertical strip of wood where your windows slide up and down on. We also replace old windows that operate on a “Metal Tape Balance”.
We will remove any existing old aluminum tongue and groove weather-stripping and install a spring bronze weather-stripping to your window casing to tighten up your windows when opening and closing then add Spring-bronze Weather-stripping to help reduce drafts and increase energy efficiency.
Finally, we make sure your windows lock correctly, as well we can offer a variety of new window locks as needed.
The purpose of a mechanical window repairs is to not only make your windows operate and lock with ease but to be energy efficient as well
Our Process for Mechanical Window Repairs
- Lay down plastic tarps to protect any furniture and rugs in the working areas.
- Remove window from its opening and “wet” scrape (to eliminate dust) were needed to relieve tightness.
- Remove the existing cord rope and install new Cord Rope or Copper/Brass/Zinc sash chain.
- Lubricate channels and pulleys to eliminate squeaky pulleys.
- Remove metal tape balance with new metal tape balance.
- Remove any existing old aluminum tongue weather stripping.
- Install spring bronze weather stripping to eliminate looseness and increase energy efficiency.
- Install bulb gasket weather-stripping to each bottom sash as needed.
- Install new custom-made parting bead
- Replace Restoration or Plate glass as needed.
- Re-weight windows as needed.
- Re-install sashes and align side stops.
- Reset existing window locks or replace window locks.
- Reinstall window and reset the side stop to align properly so it will operate smoothly.
- Reinstall your window to operate smoothly.
- During clean up, Windowrepair.com uses a HEPA vacuum.
**Windowrepair.com, Inc. adheres to state and federal EPA Best Practice guidelines by using HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) vacuums for on-site cleanups. HEPA differ from conventional vacuums in that they contain filters that are capable of trapping extremely small, micron-sized particles. A true HEPA filter can trap 99.97 percent of all airborne particles larger than 0.3 microns.
When all the impediments to motion have been removed a double-hung, rope and pulley window should move with the lightest pressure, almost fingertip effortless. When a good sweep lock is present and properly aligned, it pulls the middles together, and forces the top up and the bottom down, locking the whole assembly tightly.
Read our reviews below to see what people are saying!
Let's Get Your Window Project Started Today By Scheduling Your Free Estimate!
Windowrepair.com restores and repairs only New England wood windows from the late 18th, 19th and early 20th century. We also offer Harvey Tru-Channel and Allied Storm Windows to not only insulate your home but to protect your wood windows. If your home was built in Massachusetts prior to 1945 with original wood windows then let us know how we may be of service to you!
For more information call, email or fill out form below.
Servicing Metro Boston & Surrounding Areas
Andover, Arlington, Bedford, Belmont, Billerica, Boston, Brookline, Burlington, Cambridge, Dedham, Duxbury, Everett, Framingham, Franklin, Grafton, Haverhill,, Lawrence, Lexington, Lowell, Malden, Medford, Melrose, Methuen, Milton, Natick, Needham, Newton, North Andover, North Reading, Norwood, Reading, Salem, Somerville, Stoneham, , Tewksbury, Upton, Wakefield, Walpole, Waltham, Watertown, Wayland, Wellesley, Westboro, Weston, Wilmington, Winchester, Woburn