Storm windows can protect windows from damage due to prolonged exposure to sun, wind, acid rain, snow, ice and other harmful elements.
Storm Windows are Energy Efficient
We meet plenty of homeowners who think that their storm windows will last a lifetime, which is incorrect. Based on the harsh New England weather, the life of a storm window is anywhere from 12-20 years before they need to be replaced.
60% of your heat loss is based on an old storm or lack thereof and the other 40% heat loss is due to an interior window that’s not button-upped correctly.
With an old wood window there’s more air space between a storm window and wood window, approx. 3”, compared to the air space between two tightly squeezed panes of glass in a replacement thermos-pane window. By reaching these two goals you will achieve that all important R-value, the measurement of a materials resistant to heat flow.
Installing storm windows offer the insulating properties of replacement windows but for a fraction of the cost.
About Storm Windows
Over the years we have been providing are customers with the leader in storm windows by Harvey Tru-Channel. A storm window is a self-contained unit that has a triple track design and removable panels for easy cleaning and a screen for air flow.
Harvey Tru-Channel storm windows are easy to operate and comes with twice as much weather stripping as other storm windows on the market.
For Historical or Non-Historical homes that have incorporated a turret in its design with bowed glass windows in all types of shapes and sizes, we offer the Allied Storm window.
To ensure that your storms will be energy efficient we install spring bronze weatherstripping to block air infiltration and greatly reduces noise pollution.
WindowRepair.com Recommends Harvey Tru-Channel Storm Windows and Allied Storm Windows
Benefits of Using Harvey Tru Channel Storm Window
- Approved for airport sound abatement programs.
- Fully weather-stripped sashes and master frame.
- Multi-chambered, heavy duty master frame.
- Independent meeting rail, interlocked and weather-stripped.
- Twice the weather-stripping as ordinary storm windows
- Both sash interlock with a sturdy frame tie bar for maximum wind resistance
- Triple-Track “combination” design for self-storage of sash and screen and sash tilt-in capability
- Fiberglass screen included; upgrade options available
- Among the lowest air infiltration rates (.05 CFM/FT) of any storm window made
- Marine glazing seals keep the glass tight and secure in its frame
Read our reviews below to see what people are saying!
Let's Get Your Window Project Started Today By Scheduling Your Free Estimate!
Windowrepair.com restores and repairs only New England wood windows from the late 18th, 19th and early 20th century. We also offer Harvey Tru-Channel and Allied Storm Windows to not only insulate your home but to protect your wood windows. If your home was built in Massachusetts prior to 1945 with original wood windows then let us know how we may be of service to you!
For more information call, email or fill out form below.
Servicing Metro Boston & Surrounding Areas
Andover, Arlington, Bedford, Belmont, Billerica, Boston, Brookline, Burlington, Cambridge, Dedham, Duxbury, Everett, Framingham, Franklin, Grafton, Haverhill,, Lawrence, Lexington, Lowell, Malden, Medford, Melrose, Methuen, Milton, Natick, Needham, Newton, North Andover, North Reading, Norwood, Reading, Salem, Somerville, Stoneham, , Tewksbury, Upton, Wakefield, Walpole, Waltham, Watertown, Wayland, Wellesley, Westboro, Weston, Wilmington, Winchester, Woburn