Servicing Arlington, Auburndale, Belmont, Brookline, Cambridge, Chestnut Hill, Concord, Lexington, Melrose, Newton, Watertown, Waban, Wellesley, Weston, Winchester and Metro Boston since 1997!
Wouldn’t it be nice to open and close your wood windows like they were intended when they were first made? Windowrepair.com estimates that the majority of people living in houses with old wood windows have never experienced them working the way they were originally intended. Most people who call to have their windows restored do so because they have been living for years with windows that shake, rattle, stick, fall, don’t lock or open and are drafty. These window problems are not because of their design but because of a lack of maintenance and that’s where Windowrepair.com will come to your windows rescue. Windowrepair.com will come out to your home and turn those hard to open wood windows to where they will open and close smoothly with minimal effort along with improving their energy efficiency. While we are repairing your wood windows we will replace any broken restoration or plate glass and window locks as needed.
Windowrepair.com Wood Window Mechanical Repair General Scope of Work
- Lay down plastic tarps to protect any furniture and rugs in the working areas.
- Disassemble windows onsite
- Remove existing cord rope and install new Cord Rope or Copper/Brass/Zinc sash chain.
- Remove any existing aluminum tongue as needed or any existing weather stripping and install Spring-Bronze weather-stripping.
- Install bulb gasket weather-stripping to each bottom sash as needed.
- Replace existing parting bead with new Spanish Cedar parting bead
- Replace Restoration or Plate glass as needed.
- Re-weight windows as needed.
- Re-install sashes and align side stops.
- Reset existing or replace window locks.
- Before we leave and after removing plastic tarps we diligently **vacuum work areas.
**Windowrepair.com, Inc. adheres to state and federal EPA Best Practice guidelines by using HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) vacuums for on-site cleanups. HEPA differ from conventional vacuums in that they contain filters that are capable of trapping extremely small, micron-sized particles. A true HEPA filter can trap 99.97 percent of all airborne particles larger than 0.3 microns.
Mechanical Restoration and Repairs
Windowrepair.com, Inc. will remove existing cord rope and re-engage your window weights with new copper/zinc/brass sash chain or replace with new cord rope.
Windowrepair.com, Inc. will remove any existing old aluminum tongue and groove weather-stripping and install a spring bronze weather-stripping to your window casing to tighten up your windows when opening and closing. Spring-bronze Weather-stripping will also help to reduce drafts, increase energy efficiency and make your windows work easily.
Windowrepair.com, Inc. will replace your existing Parting Bead with new customized stained or Natural ‘Spanish Cedar” Parting Bead. The Parting Bead is vertical strip of wood on each jamb where your window slides up and down on.
Windowrepair.com, Inc. will reset your existing window locks as well we can offer a variety of new window locks as needed.